October 21, 2011
This is a great and cheap way to add something unique and handmade to any space that needs some color!
It took me about an hour to make and all I had to do was walk outside and find a branch and use any left over craft supplies and paints I had, so worth it :)
What You Will Need
- ABranch any shape or size will work
- Paints ( mine I paid 59 cents a bottle)
- Old lace ribbon
- Suede string
- Broken necklace strands
- Hemp cord
- Or anything you think would be fun to add
- First paint wherever on the branch you would like
- LET PAINT DRY this is important because if not the paint will get on you or any of the other added decor
- Twirl ribbons, yarn, lace or necklace strands where desired
- Then your done! This looks great either in a vase or pot as shown above or hung on your wall!
- ENJOY! :)
October 19, 2011
- Safety pins all in the same size
- beads of choice (preferably small)
- hemp cord
- necklace clasp
- Open the safety pin up and place beads in desired pattern then secure closed.
- Repeat with all the pins you would need to fit around wrist.
- Next loop the pins at the top hole through hemp cord, Then using the same end repeat by pulling through the bottom hole.
- Once you have done this you make a simple wrap around knot and add one clasp to the end.
- You will then do the same with the opposite side of the bracelet but you will not need to tie a knot because this side will have already been connected.
- Now You will have a beautiful Navajo inspired bracelet! :)